Saturday 7 February 2015

Wowzer!

I was aiming for sub 33 (get me sounding all athlete!) at my first Park Run and I was a little miffed at 33 mins 14 secs. However I have since had a little word with myself. A month ago I would not have even gone. When I arrived I was petrified but everyone was so smiley and friendly. I ran the whole way round the lovely 5K course listening to my running partner of the day rabbiting on as if she had the lung capacity of a blue bloody whale!! She was lovely to stay with me as her springy step hinted that she had much more in the tank! I kind of loved it - when I had finished!

Like I keep saying - I am a runner now and although I keep saying there is no membership card I do now have a barcode for ParkRun! 

Anyway, I am now very pleased with myself because I looked back to the beginning of January when I started my challenge and just look at the difference!! I am so much faster. I AM A RUNNER. Also for the record I am a STONE lighter!! Completely fandabbydosy! Big whopper #crushagrape day!

EJM x

No comments:

Post a Comment